” The Lighthouse Initiative has been a life changer for me. It has taken me in with all my faults and flaws. They believed in me when I had given up on myself. They took me and my three girls in and gave me hope for a better life; hope for a second chance as a mom, a wife, and a better relationship with Christ.”
” I am so thankful to the Lighthouse for taking a chance on me and helping me with my new start in life! One must step out of their comfort zone in order to step into growth! I am so excited for this journey that God has brought us down and the support system that He has provided us with.”
LIGHTHOUSE IS AN 18-MONTH RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM
FOR ANYONE WHOSE STORY HAS TAKEN A TURN
THEY DIDN’T INTEND TO WRITE AND IS LOOKING
TO MAKE A NEW BEGINNING. THE GOAL OF THE LIGHTHOUSE
INITIATIVE IS TO EQUIP AND EMPOWER PARTICIPANTS
TO LIVE RESPONSIBLY IN FREEDOM.
LIGHTHOUSE IS A NEW BEGINNING. LIGHTHOUSE IS HOPE.
Lighthouse is in its fifth year. We are not a residential assistance program.
Our program offers a whole-life approach that is practical, relational, em-
powering, and spiritual. Applicants who are accepted into Lighthouse
will work, live, and grow in relationship with their own Advocate
and Support Team.
We are currently taking applications for our women’s house with a tentative move-in of mid-August. We are taking men’s applications on a waiting list.
Requirements to Live in a Lighthouse
- must work full time or enough to provide support for household
- required to attend 4 meetings every week: Goals (weekly goals meeting and coaching session), One-on-One (weekly spiritual growth and discipleship), Counseling, and church of your choice
- participants with addiction history will be required to attend Freedom in Recovery as well
- pay Lighthouse expense shares
1. Fill out and submit the application. You can fill it out online here: ONLINE LIGHTHOUSE APPLICATION
2. (For printed applications only.) Choose a submission format.
Light Up The Dark
P.O. Box 306
Sterling, Ks. 67579
or fax to 620-278-2000.
3. We will review your application and contact you within 48 hours of receiving your application to set up an interview time.
Keep in mind, the application MUST be filled out by the applicant. Applicants must be over 18 to participate.
Breaking chains. Liberating souls. Empowering Lives.