From the Active Parenting web site:
What is so great about Active Parenting, Fourth Edition?
- built-in flexibility: your Active Parenting classes can be 1, 3, 4, or 6 sessions
- all-new video plus access to our online parenting video library
- a whole session dedicated to school success through parent engagement
- all new and better parenting materials, including Parent’s Guide and Leader’s Guide
- NEW Parent’s Workbook with activities and copies of the PowerPoint slides
- video now available embedded in PowerPoint…or DVDs—your choice!
- the whole parenting program is now available as a Digital Edition (ebook) for use with a laptop or mobile device. The Digital Edition can be purchased or rented.
- optional “AP & You” mini-sessions help parents integrate the powerful communication skills in all facets of their lives
- how brain development affects children’s behavior and decision-making
- improved discipline and communication
- how to prevent future use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
- parenting a special-needs child
- 7 Smart Things you can do immediately for school success
For more information about the curriculum, visit: http://www.activeparenting.com/AP4
This curriculum is DCF approved and endorsed by SAMHSA.